Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Houdy folks!
In case you were wondering what this all is, I do infact have a blog. I know, "SHOCKER!" Yeah well I probably won't be posting as much as you all would like. So if you are the type that would be now planning on obsessively checking this everyday to read something new, you might want to look into some sort of therapy because you will, at some point, be extremely frusterated. (end of discamer).

So I guess I should give you all some sort of update..... Actually, Ive really only been busy working all summer. I'm counting myself lucky I have a somewhat cool job. For those of you who do not know, I have been working at Superior Ambulance as an EMT since January. I really love it! I also just recently got a position at Winthrop Harbor Fire Dept. in June. This has also been a blast and Im looking forward to starting Firefighter II training at the end of this month. I must say, this is the first year of my life that I actually wished the summer would end so that I could start school. Crazy, Huh? Anyways......

Random thought #101:
You know those shoes that have the wheels on them? You know, the ones that all the "cool" kids on the block in America seem to have. Yes, those! Whats the problem you might ask? LITTLE KIDS SUCK AT USING THEM! Thats the problem. Do you know how many squirty, snot-nosed little rugrats roll right into my knee caps at the grocery store on a daily basis? It gets old. yes, OLD! REAL FAST! Kinda like Jimmyjohns delivery....Awe Jimmyjohns!!!! Tasty! Anyway, where was I? Oh yeah, Its like everytime I turn around theres this little hillary duff wanabe tripping over my feet. And of course these stupid shoes dont have brakes, no that would be smart! we cant have that! You know, after a few times of getting pegged in shins by foreheads, I started looking out and waiting for those little punks to roll my way. Then when they get close, throw in a hip check....I dont even care anymore! Ill body check those little tykes clear across the isle!

People, it gets worse! Then these little kids give you, YES YOU! ......THE LOOK. Not, "Im sorry, or excuse me." "SIR." NO! The LOOK! What is the look im referring too you might ask? Its the "What the Hell is your gigantor behind doing in my roller rink" LOOK. YES! That is the look Im refering to. Every time I get that look, and yes, I get it quite often, I wish a little bit of death upon the moron who invented these contraptions. Sometimes I just want to punt those little punks at THAT guys lower extremeties!!! HOW DO YOU LIKE IT "MR. ROLLING SHOE INVENTER GUY."

3 comments:

My name is April. said...

Oh dear brother!!! You blogged! Yay!
So what you're telling me is...The $200 boots that you just bought are actually a pair of roller boots? I'm not sure how I feel about that!
I still love you though.
Great blog!

Dustin and Stacey said...

haha! You are too funny!! Dustin hates those shoes too! You guys should form an Anti-Roller Shoes group!!

Dustin and Stacey said...

Dustin here, and I just have to say...Amen brother! Preach it! Down with the rolley shoes!