Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Random though #382

So, Yesterday I went to the grocery store and among other things, I bought a bag of baby carrots. Today, I open the bag and it suddenly occurs to me for the first time.....These carrots are all of perfect uniform shape and size. Its like they were all cloned. I know they don't grow like this. Do I want to know the process by which they make this happen? No, I don't, but I wonder anyway....hmmm...its probably like a bad Cheezit commercial......They probably get liquified and squeezed out of a tube by 5 year old in a sweat shop in Taiwan...maybe not....

Anyway, its been a few days, everything has been going great. I mean, what more could a guy ask for? The cockroaches here are bigger and can fly. Publix grocery stores are monopolized and outnumber people 4/1....And lizards out number Publix grocery stores 250/1....AND.....baby carrots are in fact uniform in shape and size.....just like everywhere else....Awesome...because, its so nice to not play the guessing game when reaching for a carrot...."...Oh man, I hope it is at least a good bite size....but I don't want it to be 2 whole bites.....That would STINK!!!! I might have to sue somebody if that happened...."

Anyway, I just got home from church awhile ago and it was awesome...It was a college and career group that meets every week and it was really awesome. I met so many awesome people, its nice to have people to talk to besides phone calls from home. Im really greatful. And for the rest of the week, I am out on the street as a third rider on an ambulance...which I am really happy about....I don't know how many more lectures I could have sat through. So, I am definately looking forward to tomorrow. Love you all, Ill write again soon,

2 comments:

Dustin and Stacey said...

haha! You are so weird!! Can't wait to come visit you...and the lizards and the baby carrots and the publix grocery stores... :) ~stace~

TulipGirl said...

Publix is awesome. We *heart* public. Though, if you are near Kenneth City, I can recommend a good produce market and butcher.

"Baby" carrots are really grown into adult carrots, but are a type that is the same size all the way up (instead of tapered.) Then they go through a machine which peels them and cuts them into uniform sizes.

Hey -- I want to know the church you're attending. . . *grin*