Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Starting Sunstar

Well, yesterday, I started my 3 week long orientation for Sunstar. YAYYYYY!!!! (not really). It its going to be a long one. For the next 21 days, I will be drowning in a sea of bland powerpoint slides and boring lectures (by no fault of anyone but the deathly uninteresting material). For example, matterial such as: Don't drive like an idiot, and don't perform open heart surgery in the back of your ambulance, and don't run over your patients with the ambulance, and don't drop patients down 4 flights of stairs....catching the theme????? Actually, the best part of it is the occasional clip popping up on the slide from one of two movies; "Mother Jugs and Speed" or "Bringing out the Dead". Basically a perfect example of what not to do.... So, its been interesting....I am suppost to start riding on the street in two weeks...I really can't wait.

On another note: There are lizzards everywhere! Its kind of cool when I walk through the grass pretty much anywhere....I see these little brown or green streaks running away from me through the blades of grass....It was really trippy at first, but now I just find it entertaining....When I asked the people that live here what kind of lizzards they are, most replied: "They're just lizzards...I don't know..." And apparently, they are the kind that shed their tails when they need to escape predators. This facinates me and probably indirectly entertains my neighbors due to the fact that Ive been trying so hard lately to spook one enough to get its tale to fall off. I think I might look like a dumb redneck when I do this...Oh well....I haven't had any luck so far....I guess Im not that intimidating....

1 comment:

MamaLeah said...

Keep trying Nick! You are sure to intimidate one sooner or later.